Sunday, November 12, 2017

Sad, Gross and just plain ole me

Hello Everyone,

As I sit here eating my dinner (spaghetti, meatballs & garlic cheese bread) I find myself pondering mans inhumanity to man......again. Perhaps I should have been pondering how many calories I'm putting away. Oh, well, I love my food folks. I just saw an article that caught my eye for a moment. I didn't want to read it. The headline was enough for me. It said something along the lines of 'Single mom wins $118 million in the lottery just to be sued by her pastor.' Really? Like I said, I didn't read it because it was so disturbing. I'm sure with her being a single parent, she's probably needed help from the church on an occasion or 30. There's also a part of me that understands why the church is a little upset. However, what kind of a message are they sending to their flock? The Bible is really clear about believers taking their issues to anyone outside the church. The whole situation just hurts my heart. I don't know what city this is happening in and have no other information, but please pray for all those affected by the evil one leading even the leaders astray. Lord help us, In Jesus' name, Amen.

On a lighter note, do you have a guilty pleasure that's kind of gross? Over the past couple of years, I've learned all about YouTube. My goodness, the things you can find on that site. Here are a couple of gross ones that I just can't seem to make my eyes look away, kind of like a bad accident....I'm rubbernecking at home at my television. Okay, so here goes....it started with watching Dr's popping zits and cysts and all kinds of blackheads. I just couldn't look away. Then I located the cleaning of the ears. I realized this was more of a cultural problem and didn't hold my interest for long...but not because of it being cultural. It just wasn't as interesting as say, my next fascination was for Jiggers in certain areas of Africa and South America I think. The pain that these smallest of fleas causes for both the young and the old and everyone in between is not only heart breaking but watching them get better is inspiring. They go through some major pain in order to get rid of them. Finally, the last of the gross ones are the mango worms in dogs in Gambia. It's so sad and far too common. Okay, no more gross stuff

I love listening to Trey Gowdy talk to just about anyone. I enjoy the paranormal stuff sometimes, but I'm not sure how God feels about that, so I keep it to a minimum now. Anyway, enough ranting from me. I just thought I'd share something about me. I know, I'm not a very interesting person. I'm me.
Until we talk again, Be Wise, Be Kind, Be True, Love, Patty In Omaha.

No comments:

Post a Comment