Saturday, January 6, 2018

Happy New Year and Christmas and baby, etc

Hello Everyone,

Merry Christmas, Happy New Year and all that jazz. I pray that everyone enjoyed their time off work and got to spend time with family and/or loved ones. (they're not always the same, unfortunately). I am just glad the new year is here. I have hope for positive changes for this year. Who knows, maybe we'll be called to serve by The Lord in an entirely different location......like heaven, or wherever it is that we go until our final destination is completed and ready for us. Now, that is exciting!

The weather outside is frightful, legitimately frightful....cold as 'the cold blue tundra'. It's not fit for man nor beast. But, tomorrow and I believe at least the next day will not only be tolerable but actually above freezing......holy cow, I'm excited!

On that note, I have a new granddaughter that I'm anxious to meet. She was born on Dec. 19, and needing to spend time in the NICU. There is hope she'll be able to come home tomorrow. Not having a vehicle has made it very difficult to be patient. But it makes me feel better knowing it's not just me who hasn't met her. Her brothers are all anxiously waiting to meet their new sister in person. After 3 boys in a row, all about 18 months apart, I'm believing this is going to be one tough little girl. She's not my first granddaughter but my other two are in Missouri so I don't get to see then very often. I do enjoy talking on the phone with them. They are so much like their mother, it's hilarious. She is such a good mom, I'm very proud of her.....not perfect mind you, but she sincerely tries, as do the rest of my grandchildren's parents. My daughters husband truly tries to be a good dad. My youngest son with the 4 kids has a wonderful wife whom I love very much even though she scares me. She knows no fear and doesn't pay attention to what others think of her, not that she needs to worry about that sort of thing. She's very kind and I love that about her. Ok, enough about all that. I will give you an update tomorrow. Just to let everyone know, I have been a busy grandma. I've been helping almost on a daily basis with the boys so my son Ben and his wife Alex can spend time with Amelia. But I'm trying to be a better blogger also.

To all my loved ones who read my ramblings and all of you who put forth the effort to read my blog even though you really don't know me. I thank you from the bottom of my heart. But I've taken my night meds and time for me to "hit the hay" as they say.

Please be careful out there wherever you are and look out for your fellow man. Any small thing to assist another never goes unseen or unappreciated. The Lord sees and your reward will be worth it. But your motivation should be to be a kind person. To end this message I must stick with past musings that have touched me and hopefully you.

Be Wise, Be Kind, Be True.
I love you all,
Patty (about 20 miles outside of Omaha)

Take care and keep the faith!! He is Risen and He will return soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment